Friday, February 1, 2013

Some of My Beauty & Home "Must Haves"

Happy February everyone! In the spirit of love, I decided to do a series of posts on some of my "must have" beauty and home products. I have been using some for years and others, I have discovered recently - some of them through my monthly subscriptions. Take a look:
Some of My Must Have's: Beauty & Home
Most of these products are in the beauty and home categories - there is one food item and it's dark chocolate (of course! as I'm a huge fan). I have already written about some of my "must have's" - you can read my post on basq CALM Resilient Body Oil here. As for the rest, for now I will just list them out here but I plan to feature some individually in future posts.

1. Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser ($28 at Sephora) - while I was a little taken aback by the pitch-black color of this cleanser, this product quickly became one of my "all time best's" My face feels super clean, smooth and moisturized each time I use it (and that is daily).
2. Caudalie 'fleur de Vigne' Eau de Toilette ($36 at Sephora or Amazon) - I got this as a Christmas present from my sister-in-law. I have been a fan of Caudalie skincare for more than five years but have never tried their fragrances. I love this one - it's fresh, light and non-overpowering. Now that I have my baby boy in my arms most of the time, I prefer using this light fragrance instead of my usual stronger perfumes.
3. Moroccan Oil Light Oil Treatment 3.4 oz (~$30 at Amazon)- an absolute beauty "must have" for anti-frizz, hair shine and nourishment, I have been using Morrocan Oil for over five years now; I go between the regular and light versions depending on the season.
4. Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream ($30 at Sephora) - I first sampled this last summer at Sephora and it quickly became a favorite; it keeps on its promise to brighten the under eye area; it's light and has just the right amount of shimmer and color for daily use.
5. Bath & Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizers & Holders ($5 for 5, assorted scents / colors) -This fun little item is always hooked on my bag, it's so convenient when you are out and about, and has a variety of scents.
6. Moleskine Volant Mini Notebooks set of 2 ($5.95 at Amazon) - Call me old-fashioned, but while I love my iPhone, I still prefer to write some of my "to do" and grocery lists down on paper. These mini's are perfect for that - I love the vibrant colors and the fact that you can tuck one in your handbag. My 4-year old often draws pictures in it while in the car - very useful for keeping her entertained.
7. Love and Toast Sugar Grapefruit Hand Cream ($8 - $9.95) - I first discovered this brand about an year ago in Whole Foods and I really like it - perfect for winter, it moisturizes  my hands without making them greasy. I carry it in my purse all the time and just can't get enough of this scent - it's the perfect combination of citrus-y and sweet.
8. Bodum Bistro Double-Walled Insulated Glass Mug ($40 at Amazon) - I have had a Bodum tea press for a while, but these Bistro mugs that I received from one of my Popsugar boxes are just amazing - they quickly became a favorite and the perfect companion to my morning coffee.
9. Lindt Excellence Dark Orange w/ Almonds Chocolate (~$3 at Target) - Dark chocolate with orange and almond pieces - do I need to say more? I am a huge dark chocolate lover and this bar is very tasty.
10. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisterizer, SPF 20 ($20 - $43 at Sephora) - I am sure many of you are familiar with this best-selling product - light coverage and very natural-looking, with the benefit of SPF. I have been using it for over an year now and really like it. I prefer to buy the travel size package.
11. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara in Black ($19 at Sephora) - Mascara is one of my daily used beauty products and this one is smooth, does not irritate my eyes or clump my eyelashes.
12. Yes to Carrots SPF 15 Lip Butter in Sweet Fig ($3.49 at Target or Amazon)- As a huge fan of many of the Yes-To products, I think this lip butter doesn't disappoint - it is moisturizing, has SPF and smells amazing.
13. basq CALM Resilient Body Oil Lavendar Pear ($19.50 at basq) - to repeat myself, best body oil ever.


This whole list got me in the mood for some shopping - on to more research and to, maybe, discovering my next "must have" beauty or home product. I wouldn't mind adding another lip balm to the list  - can never have enough of them!


What about you? Do you use any of these products? What are your current "must have's"?

No comments:

Post a Comment