Wednesday, February 13, 2013

POPSUGAR Must Have Box February 2013 Review

My February POPSUGAR Must Have Box was delivered at my door today. As you might have read, I already knew what was in this month's box but that did not spoil my excitement to get and see all the goodies in person.

This month's theme was all about Valentine's day and pampering, and PopSugar sent out the boxes earlier than usual with the idea, I'm assuming, that everyone can get theirs around Valentine's Day. I've been a fan of my Must Have boxes ever since October and this one didn't disappoint - although I might not have bought all of the items myself, I would gladly use every single one of them; and that, I believe, is part of the allure of lifestyle-type subscription boxes like this one. Also, that is the first non-food box that got my husband's attention - I think he got a bit more supportive of the whole subscription box craze after seeing some of the goodies included... So, I'm happy with PopSugar's special Valentine's treat. Here is a breakdown of what was included:

Must Have Fashion: 

Brokedoan Spa Wrap ($84) - mine is baby pink and "oh, so soft", I'll gladly use it for an extra less-ordinary after-bath laziness. 

A pair of Hanky Pankys ($20) - I received a yellow pair and while this is not a color I'd typically choose for myself, I don't mind it. The brand seems of high quality.
Also, included is a discount for a Hanky Panky purchase plus a coupon for a free Zoya nail polish.

Must Have Beauty: 
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain ($7.48) - I received the Romantic color. As I've said before, lip balms & glosses are among my most favorite products and I wouldn't mind receiving one in every single box. This lip balm stain is really nice, it goes on smooth and the color stays natural. Initially, I thought the Romantic color is a bit too red for my taste but when I put it on, it was just a few shades darker than my lips. I do like it and I'll be putting this in my purse.

Must Have Food: 

MarieBelle New York's Tresor Box ($12) - I got the Dark Chocolate flavor (love dark chocolate!) and they are yummy - little perfect crispy dark chocolate pearls that can be enjoyed just as they are or as a dessert / granola topping.

Extras this month: Conversation Hearts 1 oz. box (~$1) - cute and so appropriate for this time of the year. My daughter loves them!

Must Have Entertainment: 

Safe Haven Book and song download ($7.99) - I've heard about the movie and it does sound like something I'd enjoy. Besides, while I haven't read the book, The Notebook the movie is one of my all-time favorites - seriously, I know it's taste-specific but I just love everything about it. I'll see how Safe Haven the book goes. Also, since one of my resolutions is to read more books this year, this one comes in handy.

Must Have Home: 
Connoisseurs Quick Jewelry Cleanser ($7.92) - Useful to have at home, this cleanser works on gold, platinum and gemstones.

The total value of this month's box comes to ~$140 which is about four times more than the $35 monthly subscription - not bad at all!

If you want to sign up for POPSUGAR Must Have, you can do so with code REFER5 for $5 off your first delivery.

NEW: Check out my new Beauty Subscription Box Comparison post.

What do you think of February's POPSUGAR Must Have box?

No comments:

Post a Comment