Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday Treasures: French-Inspired Finds for Under $15

Hello everyone! Today's Tuesday Treasures are French-inspired and each one under $15 - a book, a scarf, some art and a little something extra to bring that 'a la' french mood... just because it's still February and a little romance is never too much; and because I've found myself immersed in one of my favorite "activities": remembering some of my favorite travels and wishing for more...

Take a look at today's 'treasures':

1. Merona Polka Dot Scarf ($14.99 at Target) - The perfect spring accessory and "oh-so" French! I've recently re-discovered yellow, but this 100% cotton scarf from Merona is just gorgeous in either yellow or the hot pink.
2. 'Young Girl Reading' art print by Jean-Honore Fragonard ($7.99 for 9'x11' size) - Fragonard, a famous 18th century French painter, supposedly painted this portrait over the original canvas containing an image of a man... Whatever the story, I find this painting very relaxing and timeless; I'd gladly put the mini art print in a nice frame and display on my shelves for a pop of color.
3. Fragonard Perfumeur Solid Perfumes ($9 for one or $48 for a set of six) - These mini solids from the iconic French parfumeur that was established almost a century ago and named after the Grasse-born French painter above, are just adorable! I've had the chance to visit Fragonard's flagship store in Grasse a few years back and felt literally as a kid in a candy store; among other goodies, I picked a number of those mini solid perfumes (including the Paris lle d'Amour and Paris Éclat shown in the photo) and used as gifts for my nieces and ... well, myself. They smell amazing, last a long time and are compact so you can carry them along - an absolute favorite of mine!
4. "Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home" Cookbook by Kathryn Gordon ($10.89 at Amazon) - Well, I've never made macarons at home, but being one of my all-time favorite treats, I decided that I should put aside my intimidation and give making them a try.
5. "The Paris Wife" a Novel by Paula McLain ($8.75 at Amazon) - I've recently saw this book on a DailyCandy Best-Love-Stories list and decided to give it a try. It is "A deeply evocative story of ambition and betrayal, The Paris Wife captures the love affair between two unforgettable people: Ernest Hemingway and his wife Hadley."

I don't know about you, but that "treasure" list got me in the mood for another trip to France...

What about you? What are some of you favorite travel destinations?

2 comments:

  1. I've been to Fragonard, too & bought L'Eau Fantasque!

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. I can't rave enough about these minis, wish I could try them all :) I checked Fragonard's website and seems like they have some new ones, too.

      Delete