Friday, November 15, 2013

Fall Treats: Easy Butternut Squash with Honey & Pecans

Happy Friday, everyone! While I usually share my recipes in my Thursday Treats posts, I just had to share this one today. It's not really a recipe - more so an easy and simple way to prepare Butternut Squash with Honey & Pecans. Now that fall and colder days have settled in, and with the holidays around the corner, I find myself doing more baking and preparing more feel-good treats. Here is the photo:

And the easy preparation:
  • You will need: butternut squash, honey, some butter (you can skip if you prefer), pecans, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Here is how I prepare this:
  • I boil the peeled and cut butternut squash for ~ 30 min. I add a tea spoon of pumpkin spice mix to the water to get that extra divine aroma. Once it's done, I put a few pieces in a bowl, add one or two tea spoons of butter, drizzle some honey, add chopped pecans (the more, the better) and sprinkle with some cinnamon. 
Easy, delicious and sure to warm you up on a cold fall day! Of course, you can eat the butternut squash just as is (the way my 16-month old likes it), but with the add-on's it just feels a bit more like a dessert.
What are some of your favorite simple fall treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment