Thursday, November 14, 2013

PopSugar Must Have Box Review November 2013

My November PopSugar Must Have Box arrived yesterday and though I can bever resist spoilers, I was still excited to see all the goodies for myself. 
A first look...

This box is getting into the holiday spirit, here are a few lines from the information card included:

"With the holidays kicking into high gear very soon, we wanted to make your life easier with practical but swoon-worthy pieces. From a cozy wrap to a new way to remove nail polish, you'll find everything to get you through November and beyond..." Makes perfect sense, and now a look at all the goodies:
An attempt to capture all the goodies

Must Have Fashion:
Michael Stars Wrap ($42)
I received the black / white print one. It's called Folk Art Wrap based on the brand website. This is a nice-size wrap, it's soft, 100% acrylic. I love scarves but I'm still not sure if this is my-kind-of print - maybe it'll grow on me once I wear it. It certainly is a nice neutral accessory.

Must Have Home:
Illume Candle ($15.75)
I received the Naughty scent and it is a very spicy, almost men's cologne type scent. I would have preferred the Nice scent that is said to be of vanilla... My husband really liked the one I got, though and I like the jar / styling of the candle. 

Must Have Beauty:
The Soap & Paper Factory Roland Pine Shea Butter Soap ($8)
I like soap, but this one is definitely not for me. It has a very nice pine wood scent but it will go to my husband. The packaging is beautiful. I would love to try some of the other scents from this brand, like this Gardenia one.

Absolute! Nail Polish Remover Pads ($1.99)
I received the Lemon scent and I'm definitely excited to try these out. I like the fact that you can take this cute little box anywhere.

Must Have Home:
Lands' End Single Canvas Wine Tote ($14.50)
While I would not have bought this myself, I can certainly see the usefulness of having it around. Wine is one of the items we often take when visiting friends, so I'll give it a try next time.

CanvasPop Gift Card ($30)
The gift card cannot be applied towards shipping and looking at their prices, you do need to pay extra in order to get a good sized print, but I think it's probably worth it... that is if you are considering shopping for a canvas print.

Must Have Food:
Maison De Monaco Strawberry & Blackcurrant Cream Preserves ($6) 
I and everyone in my family love preserves, especially in winter. So, I was definitely excited to get this in my November Box. It's said to be hand-cooked and have less sugar than traditional preserves... I tried it on some scones today and it is absolutely delicious! It's not overly sweet and you can see the pieces of strawberries - I'm a fan!

Special Extra:
Barefruit Crunchy Sea Salt Caramel Apple Chips ($1.99)
I've had Barefruit apple chips before - the apply and apple / cinnamon varieties and I like them. Not sure if I'll like the sea salt on this one, but will give it a try.


My verdict: The total value of the November Must Have box comes to a little over $120. While it's consistent with the high value to cost ratio of past boxes, it certainly is not the highest value we've had so far. While not one of my favorite boxes so far, I do like the variety of the items I received and the fact that I'll get to try new things. My favorite goodies from this box are the delicious preserves and the Absolute! Nail Polish Remover pads. Also, I'm definitely gifting a few of the items but that's fine.

If you'd like to see my other PopSugar Must Have Box reviews, you can do so here. If you are interested in signing for the December box, while it is still available, you can do so here. Also, make sure you use code REFER5 to get $5 off your first box.

What did you think of this month's PopSugar box? Are you a subscriber? Are you thinking of subscribing?

No comments:

Post a Comment