Monday, April 15, 2013

Graze Box Review: Nibblebox #4 (#10)

Another week - another new Graze Nibblebox! Seeing my Graze box in the mail always puts a smile on my face and for good reason - I've been really happy with the nicely-packaged well-portioned snacks I've been getting for the past couple of months. Here is a look at this week's Graze box:

Of the four snacks this week, I have only tried one in a previous box - the Summer Berry Compote with wholemeal shortbread... I really liked this snack before, so I was happy to receive it again. The shortbread is perfect with the tangy compote! Here is a detailed look at the other three snacks:

Chocolate Orange Granola: Granola seeds, dark chocolate, orange raisins & almonds
I knew I'd absolutely love this one as it had some of my favorite flavors - I always cave in to orange and dark chocolate, and granola is a big part of my daily diet. I loved the flavors and the texture in this snack, and the almonds were a nice addition for some extra crunch and good fats. This snack was the first to quickly disappear - I just added some almond milk and took care of my afternoon cravings :) This was by far my favorite treat in this box.

Little Figgy Went to Market: Apples, cranberries and diced figs dusted with rice flour
At just 95 calories, this snack is healthy, however I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I found it a bit too tart for my taste. I'd say it was 'just OK' but nothing special.


Marvelous Macaroons: White chocolate, amaretti drops, almond slices & coconut
I love coconut and while I find macaroons a bit too sweet for my taste, I did like this snack. I took a bite packed with all of the four ingredients and it was quite tasty - not overly sweet, with a nice coconut crunch. I'm adding this snack to my "like" list.

My verdict: As usual, I enjoyed my Graze box, however since I wasn't "head over heels" with all four snacks this time, I'd rate this box as an above-average one and thus, not one of my all-time favorite boxes. Still, I'm happy I got to try some different flavor combinations and snack varieties.

What did you think of the snacks in this box? What are some of your favorite Graze snacks or other food subs?

No comments:

Post a Comment