Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday Treats: 'Perfect' Yoghurt, Granola & Fruit Parfait

Hello everyone! I'm loving today's Thursday Treat because it's simple to make, delicious and  healthy - just perfect (or parfait [ˈpɑrfeː], if you prefer the French name)! I often make Yoghurt, Granola & Fruit Parfaits because of all the reasons above and because it's a good any-time-of-the-day treat. You can absolutely improvise by using any kind of yoghurt, granola and fruit you have at home, plus you can add whatever additional bits & pieces you like such as jam, nuts, cinnamon, shredded coconut, flax or chia seeds, etc. Take a look at some of my Parfait creations:
I always like to serve my parfaits in martini glasses - it' just fancy and elegant, and makes me enjoy them just a tiny bit more :) Besides, martini glasses should not be just for drinking! Now, the easy recipe:

Ingredients / Products (for 2 parfaits):
  • 1 cup plain or flavored yoghurt - use your favorite variety: I personally love Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk (the one used in the Raspeberry Parfait above) or the plain organic low-fat Trader Joe's kind (used in the Apple and Banana / Strawberry Parfaits in the photo_
  • 1/3 - 1/2 cup granola (use your favorite kind): I like granola that is moderately sweet, with lots of crunch, seeds and nuts. Some of my favorite ones are: Trader Joe's Vanilla Almond Cluster Granola Cereal and Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Granola
  • 1/2 cup of fresh fruit - I like berries, bananas, apples, pears...
  • Additional 'bits & pieces" such as: 1-2 tbs pecans, 1-2 tbs of jam or honey, 1-2 tbs shredded coconut, flax seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, etc.
Preparation:
  1. Put all of the key ingredients in cups / bowls - I like to do that so I can portion well and also, because in this way I can see all of the delicious parts that go into the separate parfait layers
  2. Cut the fruit into small pieces - except for the decoration on top, I like the fruit for my parfaits to be cut in tinier pieces as it's easy to mix with the rest of the ingredients and thus, easy to get those perfect spoonfuls
  3. Arrange the yoghurt, fruit and granola in layers in the martini glasses, starting with fruit and granola or jam and granola at the very bottom
  4. Finish with a spoonful of yoghurt and decorate with fruit slices and nuts based on your preference
Share with family & friends and enjoy any time of the day!

Do you make parfaits at home? What are your favorite add-on's and flavors?

*Follow all my Thursday Treats creations on my Pinterest Thursday Treats board!

No comments:

Post a Comment