Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday Treats: Frozen Nescafé Frappe

It's been a while since I've posted about my favorite treats, but today it's time for one of my absolute favorite, quick and perfect-for-summer-weather (or almost summer) recipes: I love Chilled Nescafé Frappe! Take a look:
If you like coffee and specifically, frozen or chilled coffee drinks and if you haven't tried a Frappe yet, you are definitely missing out. It is the classic perfect warm weather, afternoon coffee drink and it's super easy and quick to make, not to mention delicious. I've always made it with regular low-fat milk but since my discovery of almond milk, I now make my almond milk frappe and, if at all possible, I like it even more. It has a mild nutty flavor and it is healthier. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 tsp Nescafé or your favorite instant coffee
  • 1.5 tsp water
  • 1/2 cup almond or regular low-fat milk
  • 1/2 chilled water
  • Ice, if needed (you can add a few ice cubes if you'd like)
Preparation:
  1. Mix the Nescafé and sugar in a tall glass
  2. Add one to two tbs cold water
  3. Stir well with a milk frother to make thick foam
  4. Add the almond milk and the chilled water
  5. Add a few ice cubes, if you like to make the Frappe ice-cold
  6. Add a straw and enjoy
What is you favorite chilled coffee drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment