Wednesday, May 1, 2013

FabKids April Review: Ready for Summer Set + Free Outfit Offer

Both my girl and I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 5-piece Ready for Summer Set from FabKids ever since we selected it about 10 days ago. It showed up at out door yesterday, exactly one week after the order had shipped - not bad given the coast-to-coast distance. Since I liked my first FabKids box so much, I was really looking forward to see this second package in person. It did not disappoint; more than that - we loved every single piece. Take a look at the box and its contents:

The contents: The Ready for Summer Set included five pieces and it was a great deal since I got it for $39.95 - the regular price of a single outfit. This specific set has sold out quickly, but FabKids still has some style sets on sale for the same price, if you are interested. Here are more details on the pieces: 
  • Sparkle Hearts Tank - this top is so much prettier in person, with all the colorful sparkly hearts that are also very well executed (e.g. "not prickle-y" as my girl pointed out); held up great after washing. This is my daughter's favorite piece - she paired it with leggings over a short sleeve tee and wore it to school the very next day.
  • Two FabKids Striped Tanks - one in pink and one in blue - great basic pieces, these are cute and versatile. Also, I like their longer length since they'll look great with both skirts and leggings.
  • Striped Knit Skirt - my favorite piece in the box, this sky-blue skort is light and twirly, and smartly done with the attached shorts.
  • FabKids Knit Shortie - a quality basic piece, this pretty pink shortie would be perfect for my girl all summer long. I like the sparkly little star embellishment in the corner: I think those little touches make basic pieces like this one just a little extra special and so fun to wear. 
  • Bonus: My box also included a bonus - a 50% off coupon for a Bluum subscription.
My verdict: As with my first FabKids box, I really liked this second one - perhaps even a bit more since it was such a great deal. While I already knew the design & look of the pieces, I was still impressed with their quality and feel. I like the fact that the cotton of the tank tops and the shorts is of medium weight, perhaps more on the thick side but very soft. It feels like they would wear well, similar to both of the pieces from my daughter's first FabKids outfit. They washed very well, without losing shape, softness or color. The blue skort is definitely my favorite piece in this box: its lighter, breezier cotton fabric makes it perfect for summer.  

I would definitely buy more outfits & style sets from FabKids in the future - maybe not every month since I have the option to skip, but certainly when my daugher needs clothes seasonally or for an occasion. 

Free Outfit Offer: If you want to learn more about FabKids and try it, you can do so here. Plus, for a limited time, if you sign up for FabKids and order your first outfit, you'll get your second one FREE, no code required. That comes to less than $20 per outfit. Plus, you can skip a month and if you are not completely satisfied with the outfit you receive, you can return it for free within 30 days.

What do you think of this FabKids set? Are you a subscriber? What are some of your favorite kid clothing boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment