Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Love With Food May 2013 Review

One of my most favorite subs is my Love with Food box and this month, it was one of the best! Here is more information on the box, if you are not familiar with it:

The Box: Love with Food 
Get a box of gourmet food shipped to you monthly, with new flavors curated with a different theme every month.  Price: $12 / month ($10 + $2 / shipping)  Highlights: *gourmet food; *shop full-size products at a discount; *meal donated with every box; *earn credit points from reviews; 
Current Coupon: Use code FBGIFT to get your first box for free (just pay $2 shipping)
I received my May box just two days before Mother's Day and very appropriately so, because it was themed all around Mother's Day - specifically Mother's Day Breakfast Breakfast. Take a look:

The box, as usual, was full to the brim - eight items to be exact, all meant for a wonderful breakfast for mom. I really enjoyed the theme and the selection of the items - there was a variety of items - sweet, savory, food and drink. Here are the details:

Great Full Cookie from the Cookie Department, Inc.
This is a vegan sweet potato wellness cookie. I'm always excited to try healthier cookies - I liked the texture and taste of this one. The one thing I woudl change is to make it less sweet - brown sugar was its first ingredient and it was a bit too sweet for my taste, especially for a morning cookie. 


Strawberry Preserves from Bonne Maman
One of my favorite brands, I buy these preserves on a regular basis. I've received this in another food sub, so this was definitely a great addition to my jam selection. Besides, my daughter loves to play with the little jars in her own pretend kitchen, once the jam is eaten.

Hand Drip Single-Origin Coffee from Caffe Borsa
I've never heard of or used hand drip coffee, so I'm curious to see how this works. I love my morning coffee, so I'm always happy to try new flavors and varieties. 

Original Cajun Seasoning from "Slap Ya Mama"
I received two packets of the original blend. I might try this seasoning next time I prepare one of my breakfast omelets.

Tomato Crunch from Snapz Crisps
I like sun-dried tomatoes, but I've never received them in a bag. These are said to be gentle dried to a crisp texture, "making them a tasty addition to breakfast sandwiches". 

Authentic Almond Biscotti from Biscotti Bari
Inspired by the famous Italian cookie, this features locally-sourced ingredients. I had mine just this morning and I really liked it - it was crispy and not overly sweet, just perfect with my hazelnut coffee.
Latte Candy from Bali's Best
I've tried some similar coffee-flavored candy from my local Whole Foods before, so I immediately opened one of the two samples. This one had a creamy milk center and tasted just like a latte. What's not to like!

Mystery Item: Mrs. May's Almond Coconut Dry Slow-Roasted Snack
The information card invited us to go online and find more about this month's secret item. I love slow-roasted nuts and this snack was really tasty, especially with the addition of the coconut. 

My verdict: I truly enjoyed this month's Love with Food. It was perfectly themed for the occasion and well executed, with great variety. Of the items I tried so far, my favorite were Mrs. May's Almond Coconut Snack and the Latte Candy from Bali's Best.

Did you get your Love with Food? What did you think of this month's box?

No comments:

Post a Comment