Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ipsy October 2013 Glam Bag Review

I have been subscribed to Ipsy Glam Bag for the last five months, but October is my first review. I've liked more or less all of my Glam Bags - some I really liked (the May one, for example). The theme this month is "The Art of Beauty" and the writing on the bag reflects that. While this is not my favorite cosmetic bag, I'm still going to use it for little storage. Here is what I received in my October "Art of Beauty" Bag plus a snapshot of all the brands & offers included in the Glam Bag variations:
Zoya Naip Color in Neve
I have been getting quite a few Zoya nail polishes from my subs and I've come to love this brand. It goes on smoothly, is very long-wearing and is 5-free - what more could you want from a nail polish, right! This is a nice deep green / emerald shade with a bit of shimmer (called Giovanna) - just perfect for this season and the Holidays!

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly
I am really pleased with receiving this lip product in my bag. I already own one in a different color and I do like it - maybe not for everyday but it's a nice lip polish. The Dolly shade is really natural looking and flattering. 

La Fresh Eco-Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes
I haven't tried these wipes before so was happy to do so.I think they do a very good job cleansing the face (I usually wear mascara and tinted moisturizer on a regular day).

Nourish Organic Deeply Nourishing Coconut & Argan Lotion
While I was hoping to get to sample The Delectable hand lotion, this one is actually pretty good. The brand is sold at Target and it is very nice. I love coconut and this Nourish Organic lotion, in addition to being coconut-flavored, is very light and fast absorbing. It's also the perfect size for my purse.

Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel
This is the item I'm least excited about. I do not use any gels on my hair, so might gift this to a friend.

Overall, I really liked my October Glam Bag. I got products I already love and also, got to try some new ones. For $10 / month, I'm definitely happy with the value and selection of products. If you want to sign up for an Ipsy Glam Bag, you can do so here.

Are you an Ipsy subscriber? If so, what products did you get this month and what were your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment