Sunday, October 27, 2013

FabFitFun VIP Fall Box Review

After a bit of delay, my FabFitFun box arrived mid-last week. While I had already peeked at the spoilers, I was excited to see the contents in person. As often happens, I was more pleased with the box once I got to see all the goodies for myself. Take a look at what my FabFitFun box contained:
 First look...
... and all the goodies!
Here are more details on all the individual items with photos of the ones I really liked:

Gorjana Canary Scarf ($57) + $25 Gift Card
I am in love with this scarf! I knew I'd like it, but it's so gorgeous - very light (much lighter fabric than I expected), in the perfect neutral dark grey shade, "sprinkled" with pink canary silhouettes - very appropriate for fall. I already wore it a few times and for me, the box was worth it just for this scarf itself. The included $25 gift card makes this even better.

Barre3 Standing Slim DVD and online program ($19.95)
I like when I get workout DVD's in my lifestyle subs. I've heard from my workout-fanatic friends about barre - very hot right now - and I am curious to try this. It'll be a good change from my elliptical-and-strength gym routine

Starlooks 5 Shade Shadow Palette ($41)
I received the St. Tropez palette and it is gorgeous - the colors are warm and seem neutral enough for me to try. It contains brilliant matte, satin and sparkle shadows suitable for a day or night-time look. I visited St. Tropez a few summers ago and the colors do remind me of the sand and sun there - daydreaming...
I haven't tried any Starlooks products and based on some of the raving reviews, this palette sounds like a treat. I'm still deciding whether to keep it or gift it to my mom.

Surface Trinity Protein Cream ($17.48)
This blowout cream is said to smooth, strenghten and protect hair without any harsh chemicals. I've been using Moroccan Oil on my fine hair, but will venture out and try this one, as well.

SpaRitual Nail Polish ($13.95)
I always love when I get nail polish and this true purple shade called "Illume" is gorgeous. I don't own any SpaRitual colors - they are 3-free and 100% vegan, definitely a win!

Orly Nail Polish ($8.34)
This was the "special extra" item that I received because of the double-charging mix-up earlier this month (a note to those of you who were not aware: some subscribers got over-charged and FabFitFun reacted and resolved the issue fairly quickly, I thought, promising a "little extra" in the box...). The sparkly rose gold / pink Orly has the name "You are not alone" - pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month, very appropriate; and what's not to like about sparkly & pink nail polish!

Orville Redenbacher Popcorn ($7.55)
I received the sea salt variety. My family likes popcorn and I like the non-butter kind. This one tastes yummy and is healthier than regular popcorn - it's whole grain, fluten-free and half the fat of the regular variety.

Health Warrior Chia Bar ($1.40)
I received the Banana Nut variety and I really liked it. It was chewy and not overly sweet. I use chia seeds in my cereal but have never tried a chia bar before. This one is said to be the only one on the market with chia seeds as the primary ingredient.

Drinkwel ($1.99)
A sample of what is said to be multivitamin for health-conscious drinkers was included. While I won't be using this one, I found it an interesting addition to the box...

There were some Mini Game Cards and, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, a Bright Pink's Brighten UP Card and Alert Sticker.
Finally, missing from the box was the Bliss Triple Oxygem Instant Energizing Cleansing Foam - FabFitFun informed all of its subscribers that they were sending the Bliss item in a separate package - I already got my notification.

I was actually happy with FabFitFun Fall Box - I absolutely loved the Gorjana scarf and was very pleased with the couple of nail colors and the hair cream. The box had a total value of $176.18 (that is excluding the Bliss product) which is triple of what I paid for it. The FabFitFun VIP box is $49.99 / quarter and if you would like to sign up for one, you can use code EARLYBIRD5 to save $5 off your subscription.

What do you think of FabFitFun Fall VIP box? Are you a subscriber, are you planning to become one?

No comments:

Post a Comment