Saturday, January 19, 2013

Popsugar Must Have Box January 2013 Review

I will admit that I have been “fishing” for spoilers the last few days at the makeuptalk and, as usual, I could not just ignore them, so I looked. While the box contents were not a surprise to me, I think it was much better when I saw everything in detail in person:
The theme of the January Must Have box is focused on health and fitness resolutions as we enter into the New Year plus, on “still finding time to enjoy some warm treats”. 
Here is what I received in the my PopSugar Must Have January Box:


Merrithew Pilates 65” Stability Ball ($38.99) – I got the blue one and included with it is a card with six different exercises. I have wanted to get a stability ball for a while but since I have been using the ones in my gym, I couldn’t justify it. Now I’m going to use this one at home, so I am really happy with this item.


The Remix TimeBomb Watch ($44.95) – I got the hot pink color that seems to be a PopSugar exclusive color (as per the box label) since it is not one of the colors on the Remix Watches website. If I could have chosen a color, I would have liked the lovely baby blue one shown in the insert; or, even the white one that some subscribers have recieved. That said, I haven’t worn a watch in about 10 years and the ones I have worn in the past were a totally different style; but I am actually almost liking this funky-looking hot-pink one, and so does my 4-year old daughter. The LED light is a nice touch.  I may wear it to the gym indeed.


Epicuren Discovery Lip Balm with SPF 15 and Tea Tree Oil ($9.50) – I have not tried this brand. It has a minty scent and, while not my favorite scent for a lip balm, I actually think it would be cooling for the summer months, so saving it for later. I am revising my opinion: about 5 minutes after I applied the balm, the minty flavor disappeared and my lips felt really soft, and they were still soft for a few hours, thus I am probably going to use the balm even now, while it's still cold out.


Popbar Hot Chocolate on a Stick, Milk and Dark Chocolate ($2.99 / each) – I have never seen these before; it is from a company based in NYC that also makes ice-cream on a stick; it does seem like a fun idea and hopefully it’d be yummy too…


Jet-Puffed Vanilla Mallow Bits by Kraft ($6.73) – I am not a fan of marshmallows and haven’t tried this specific brand/type. This is probably my least favorite item from the box. Now that I have it though, I’ll probably use it for decorating whenever I bake brownies or cupcakes.

Extras in this January edition:

3 thinkThin Nutrition Bars: 
Creamy Peanut Butter high protein bar ($1.99)
Dark Chocolate Coconut Devine bar ($1.69) - This last one is already gone and it was yummy (but I have a soft spot for dark chocolate / coconut combos). I love nutrition bars (LARABAR and LUNA bar ones are my favorite) but I try to avoid the ones with too much sugar. Since I haven’t tried thinkThin so far, I am glad I got to try it. I might be buying some next time, and there is a $1.00 off coupon included in the box. 

A $15 gift certificate to Casetagram, to make cases for your phone or tablet – While I find this a nice addition to the box, I am not sure if I'll use it.

The total value of the box comes to $111.82 (not counting the $15 Casetagram certificate) and that, compared to the $35 I paid for, is definitely a good deal.

My verdict – I like this box and will happily use (or eat) most of the items in it. My favorite items are the stability ball and the Epicuren lip balm.

Do you subscribe to PopSugar Must Have Box? If so, what did you think of the January box? If not, are you tempted to subscribe based on the items included in this box?

If you want to subscribe to Popsugar Must Have Box, use code REFER5 for $5 off your first delivery and, if you wish, you can go through my referral link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment