Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Fall Treats: Artsy Kid Breakfast Ideas

For my family, breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day, and that is the time when we all eat together - at least most of the days. It is important to me - as perhaps for every parent - to serve a healthy and filling breakfast for my kid before she goes to school. Sometimes, a little bit of art helps with that. Take a look at my Artsy Kid Breakfast creations:
Here are the main breakfast items on the plates, clockwise:

1) Whole-wheat waffles with blueberry preserves
2) Homemade crepe with bananas & honey filling
3) Blueberry waffles with blueberry preserves & feta cheese topping (my girl loves blueberries)
4) Warm grilled ham & cheese bites

I have been doing this for a couple of weeks and now that my daughter knows that, she has started to expect it and is always wondering what picture mommy did on her breakfast plate. Sometimes she makes suggestions or rearranges my creations. It definitely helps with the visual invitation to eat, and it is another creative and fun way to share our love for art together.

What are some of your "tricks" and creations for kids breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment